If you are not in critical condition, and if time permits, it is best to plan and prepare for your hospital stay with the following simple reminders:
- Prepare your identification cards indicating personal information, such as your current address, phone number, next of kin, and employer.
- Organize your health information—your condition, medical records, as well as your current medications (prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal). Keep this, along with personal information, in an updated list in your wallet so it will be readily available in case of emergencies.
- Plan your payment arrangements. Bring your insurance documents or ID cards, as well as the name and contact number/s of your doctor, whether or not they are practicing at MakatiMed.
- Bring your healthcare cards or insurance coverage forms, as well as any special form(s) or pre-authorization documents such as Letter of Guarantee (LOG) or Letter of Authority (LOA).
- If you are married, bring information about your spouse’s insurance coverage to ensure that you avail yourself of full insurance benefits as his/her dependent.