Our Department of Orthopaedics has pioneered many innovations in orthopaedics to keep in step with developments in the United States and Europe.
- Arthritis and joint replacement
- Foot and ankle
- Hand and Upper Limb Extremities Center
- Musculoskeletal tumors
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Sports medicine
MakatiMed specialists are known for treating open fracture classifications, such as hip and knee joint replacement and revision, and joint replacement and trauma. Our department founder invented many artificial joints now used in the Philippines and around the world. He also runs a factory that manufactures prosthetic joints designed for the Asian physique.
Our arthroplasty procedures (construction of new movable joints) include the following:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (knee) and shoulder reconstruction
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel releases
- Reconstructions after hand injuries, defects and hand trauma
- Wrist reconstruction, including microvascular flap coverage for soft tissue defects
Our spine surgery department is known for the following procedures:
- Micro lumbar disectomy, which removes slipped discs with small incisions
- Spine instrumentation for trauma and deformities
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Children's orthopedics
- Treatments for bone and joint tumors
- Limb salvage surgery
This is a project of MakatiMed that aims to continue our excellence in basic and clinical research on orthopaedic problems in the Philippine setting.
Chief: Dr. Liberato Antonio C. Leagogo, Jr., M.D.