The Department of Radiology of Makati Medical Center is a multi-specialty facility providing a comprehensive range of diagnostic imaging, radiation therapy, and image-guided diagnostic and therapeutic interventional services. The department continuously invests in modern medical technology and equipment to upgrade its clinical and academic infrastructure. All its services are archived within the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), accessible within the entire hospital system and to external referring doctors. Within the department, services provided use cutting-edge, fully digital and state-of-the-art resources, which include:
- 2 Magnetic Resonance Imaging machines – with wide bore or opening for optimum patient comfort
- 3 Computed Tomography Scanners – special X-ray equipment to take precise images of the body, with wide bore or opening for optimum patient comfort; one scanner is dedicated to radiation therapy planning and CT-guided diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- 3 Digital Radiography Units – fully digital system with images archived in an easily accessible PAC system.
- 4 Portable Digital Radiography Units -- X-ray units that use digital X-ray sensors instead of the traditional radiographic film
- 3 Digital Mammography Units -- units for breast imaging that use digital X-ray sensors instead of radiographic film
- 1 Automated Breast Volume Scanner – for total breast imaging
- 9 Ultrasound Units – creates images of the internal human body parts through sound waves
- 1 TomoTherapy Unit – the first advanced Radiation Oncology facility in the Philippines
The department is led by board-certified radiologists, having gained their training and expertise locally and internationally. As of 2015, there are 22 Active Consultants, who have made MakatiMed their main area of practice. Our radiologists are active partners in research and academic training of our Medical Interns, Residents and Fellows, and also of trainees from other departments, institutions and allied medical professions. The department is continuously strengthening its subspecialty expertise.